During a building inspection we fully inspect:
• The Roof Exterior: The roof coverings such as tiles, corrugated metal and membranes, valleys, flashings, cappings, penetrations and skylights, gutters and downpipes. We look for evidence the roof is leaking or inadequately plumbed.
• The Roof Interior: The roof framing members and connections are checked for defects, the roof covering (from the inside) is checked for evidence of leaks, condition of sarking and insulation and electrical installations are assessed for potential safety hazards.
• The Building Exterior: The building elevations are checked for cracks and other defects, windows and doors are assessed, balconies / verandahs, deck and other timber structures are checked for wood rot and other defects.
• The Building Interior: The interior of the building is checked for defects including the floors, walls and ceilings, timber trims, windows and doors as well as joinery and cupboards. Wet areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and laundries are assessed for a number of things including water operation, evidence of water hammer, age and condition of hot water service, evidence of leaking shower recess / wet areas, defects to sanitary fixtures and fittings, toilets are flushed, moisture readings are taken.
• The Grounds: Paths and steps, retaining walls, driveways and external surface drainage are inspected for defects or inadequacies up to 30 meters from the main building. Large trees and other potential problems are assessed including the boundary fences. An outbuilding is included, such as a garage, shed, or gazebo.
• Timber Pest Inspection: A Timber Pest Inspection is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED and inspects for the following:
1) Subterranean Termites or evidence of Termite activity and damage and any previous Termite treatment.
2) Timber borers or evidence of timber borers and borer damage.
3) Wood rot (wood decay fungi) damage and potential safety hazards in timber structures such as rotten timber steps, handrails and balconies etc.
4) Any conditions that may be conducive to Termite attack or wood rot.